Friday, August 17, 2012

Beauty

"You're beautiful."  Something I rarely heard growing up.  When we would go swimming at the babysitters when I was younger and I would be called a hippo.  I never felt like the girl all the guys were looking at.  I had skinny "beautiful" friends who always had boyfriends.  I was tired of fishing for compliments and not catching any. 

One day I sat on my bed in front of a mirror and made myself find something about my appearance that I liked.  What I found was my ears.  Not my eyes, or my smile, my butt, or my calves.  Well guess what.  I don't like my ears anymore.  But I really do love the rest of me.  I read this book "The Fat Girls Guide To Life" and it really seemed to help me.  What it taught me was just because you're not the ideal weight doesn't mean you are unhealthily or ugly.  Fat is just a word just like skinny.  It describes how I look but not who I am.  There are days that I don't feel pretty or I get depressed I cant fit in a pair of jeans but I am beautiful.  There aren't many girls in this world size 2 or 22 that say they are beautiful.  When I was able to call myself beautiful I found I was happier.  

Do you think you are beautiful? 

No comments:

Post a Comment