Friday, June 10, 2011

What I learned today

So today I used a new feature with a health coach. It was online chat and I chatted because I was having a sweet craving. Here are a few things I learned.


It varies for every person. But to maintain my weight at 350lbs I would need to eat 3500 calories.

Eat 2000 calories per day. And do the physical activity that you are currently doing. Consider them as two separate things. You don't want to eat more calories because you are exercising more.

It is better to make a more gradual decrease in calorie intake, so that when I am under 250lbs I can still cut calories and continue to make progress.

It is healthier to mix healthy carbs and proteins. It prevents your blood sugar from spiking , makes for slower breakdown, and prevents higher body fat stores. makes the energy last longer too. (Fruit and cheese - yum)

Sugar creates sugar craving. High sugar food creates a big spike on blood sugar that needs to be controlled by a large release of insulin (causes body fat storage). This large release in insulin causes a big drop in blood sugar, which needs to be fought off by sugar cravings.

Cravings are not hunger, so they do not need to be addressed for your body's benefit. Hunger is the only response that your body needs you to respond to.

Your body will start craving nourishment once it finds out what nourishment does for your body's health. And you will prefer fruit, vegetables, whole grains, foods that feed your immunity, muscles, organs...


That's a lot of really good information. Man this is hard work but it will all be worth it. Good thing the kids are coming to visit they can get all the cookies and cake mix I have laying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment