Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Being High Risk isn't that bad.

I'm considered a high risk pregnancy due to my weight. I've also been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes and Hypertension. I check my blood pressure every morning and evening. I take medicine for my blood pressure every morning and evening. I take my blood sugar 4 times a day; when I wake up, and 1 hour after breakfast, lunch and dinner. I also take medicine at night for my blood sugar.

I'm not saying it's good to have these risk factors during pregnancy but it's not as scary as it seems. I trust my doctor and that is really important. I know he will take care of me and do what is best for me and my baby. Just because I have these things going on doesn't mean there will be anything wrong with my baby. I've gone though this pregnancy expecting something bad to happen to my baby. Society tells you it's not good to have a baby if your overweight. We;ll guess what. I'm having a baby and I'm healthier now then I was before I got pregnant. This baby girl is going to encourage me to be a better person. I want to go on field trips with her, go to the zoo without getting tired of walking, run, jump and skip with her until she gets tired.

I get more ultrasounds then the average pregnant woman. I get to see my doctor more often too. I've actually had to wait 4 weeks this time since he was on vacation last week and it's killing me. I want to see him and my baby. I guess I should get all of my questions together. Well that's enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment